Last Update: October 10, 2021
- CLEAR AND EASY TO USE: Where’s your breakfast? BearVault is transparent and has a wide opening so you can easily find and grab items, without emptying the contents onto the forest floor. The lid is rain-proof and tool-free lid: no fiddling or losing small parts.
- EVERY OUNCE MATTERS: This is THE lightest plastic bear container on the market, for its volume. This model stores approximately 7 days of food for one person – perfect for groups sharing food, or for extended hikes.
- APPROVED CANISTER OF CHOICE: 9 out of 10 PCT Thru-Hikers use a BV500. BearVault is approved by all National Parks and all National Forests with canister regulations. For a safe outdoor experience, take a BearVault with you on the trail or while exploring in bear country. For Long Distance Trails like the PCT - Pacific Crest Trail, JMT - John Muir Trail, AT - Appalachian Trail, and CDT - Continental Divide Trail, the BV500 is the ideal size.
- GRIZZLY & BLACK BEAR TESTED: Keep your food and scented items protected from raids by bears, rodents, and other wildlife. Tested and approved by Grizzly (IGBC) and Black Bear (SIBBG) Testing Facilities, a BearVault even survived 48 hours locked in a cage with two hungry black bears!
- PACKS EASILY, DOUBLES AS STOOL: Oops – your pack is too full? No problem, the BearVault includes guides to strap it onto your pack. At camp, you’ll find your BV500 makes a perfect camp stool too, with a stable base and flat lid.